Would you like to experience an 18-hole golf game on a premier golf course? Whether you want to learn to play golf or are an experienced player, golf is a great way to spend the morning, afternoon, or evening with friends, family, and colleagues.
If you play your best golf game in the morning, you may want to follow it with brunch. Were you aware that brunch began in England? It may be surprising to learn that it actually took 30 years for this currently popular combination of breakfast and lunch to catch on in the United States.
Once golf came to the United States, however, the number of golf clubs increased to accommodate this popular activity. In 1900 alone, there were over 1,000 golf clubs in operation!
While you may have several golf and brunch facts up your sleeve, you just might be interested in learning a few more. Furthermore, the next time you take to the green, you can have a bit of fun by quizzing your fellow golfers. The prize? You let them pay for brunch!
Here are a few questions to begin the round:
- During a single round, what are the chances of having 2 holes in 1?
- During a stipulated round, what is the maximum number of golf clubs allowed in a player’s bag?
- How many dimples does a regulation golf ball have?
- What percentage of professional golf players are female?
- How many calories can a 175-pound man burn carrying his own clubs when playing an hour?
And here are the answers, respectively:
- The odds are approximately 67 million to 1.
- The maximum number of clubs allowed is 14.
- A regulation golf ball has 336 dimples.
- Women constitute 23% of professional golfers.
- a 175-pound man can burn 460 calories.
While quizzes can be fun, what’s even more so is playing your favorite sport on a premier golf course! Since keeping score is part of the game, you can increase the friendly competition in a variety of ways. Whether you play for just an hour or the entire afternoon, be sure to keep your eye on the ball. Otherwise, your friends may insist that you pay for brunch.