Is Your Family Eating Mexican Food Tonight?
No tech Tuesdays were what first caught your attention, but before long the little eating place downtown by the baseball stadium became your go to best Mexican restaurant in the city. When you first saw a social media post that you and your group of friends could enjoy one dollar tacos on Tuesday if the whole group agreed to deposit their phones in a basket you simply thought that it would be a great way to make sure that you would get a cheap meal. As that first night progressed, however, you quickly realized that this would now be the answer to the question when anyone asked where the best Mexican restaurant in town was.
From the queso to the warm made in the kitchen chips to the small street tacos on the menu, the Mexican food recipes on this menu were better than the others you have tried in various eating establishments across town.
Mexican Food Continues to be a Popular Option for Many Diners
No matter where you travel and what cities you visit, you will likely find a fairly large sampling of Mexican restaurants. And while they may all fall under the same category, the fact of the matter is that every Mexican restaurant can be a little different. Consider some of these facts and figures about the many reasons that Mexican food continues to be a really popular options for many consumers:
- There are 38,000 Mexican restaurants dispersed all across the American landscape as of the year 2011.
- 75% of consumers are looking for new flavors in ethnic cuisines, and 66% indicate that they want bolder flavors and unfamiliar foods.
- With a 42% share of ethnic food sales, Mexican food continues to be the most popular ethnic food segment in the U.S.
- As one indication of how popular this cuisine is, 67,391 restaurants in the U.S. serve a burrito.
- 10% of restaurants in the U.S. sells Mexican food, making it the most popular style of international cuisine in the country.
- Dating as far as 2000 years ago, it is believed that Mexican cuisine was derived from what the Mayan Indians prepared.
Wether you stumble across your favorite Mexican food provider because you are looking for a deal or you are still trying to find the best Mexican restaurant in town, there are certainly many choices to try no matter what part of the country you live in.